Do you own a Chromecast, Google Home, or any other home product which you would like to control using an Android smartphone? If yes, then you must opt for ‘Google Home app‘. But one may question that what is Google Home app? Why its so much important to have on the Android device? So, let’s clear out the confusion first!
What is Google Home app?
The Google Home app is a proprietary app from Google using which you can control Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast Audio, TV or speaker with Chromecast built-in functionality, Google Home devices, and lastly Google Assistant speakers. In short, it’s an all-in-one solution to manage your compatible home devices.
What you can do using Google Home app?
Let’s have a look at Google Home features and things you can do with the help of it!
- Easy to take control over any of the Google home product.
- Browse through your favorite TV shows, movies, songs and videos cast of your TVs and speakers.
- Play, pause or change the volume of playable content.
- Link compatible devices like Assistant speakers, Smart lights, Locks, Camera systems and much more.
- Customize your Home, Speaker & TV settings.
- Discover various new apps.
- and a lot more to have control on!
Google Home app Update:
Does anyone remember Google Cast app? If yes, then this is the same app with a brand new name ‘Google Home’. The Google Home app got much better with the latest update which brings flat material icon, UI updates, system tweaks & optimization, bug fixes and various other features. Besides, the app is much easier to use than earlier versions.
- Discover the most trending content on various apps like YouTube, Netflix, Hulu , etc.
- Explore 1000+ apps which can work flawlessly with the smart home devices.
- Now you can search what you want using magnifying glass icon situated in the bottom right corner.
- Easy to navigate, add, setup and control all your Chromecast and Google Home devices.
Well, if you are missing out this wonderful app, then you must download Google Home app APK to install it directly on your Android smartphone. Once you have downloaded the app, then it you need to complete the setup part with all the devices you own. If you don’t know how to set up any of the Google Home devices, then check out the help links below.
- Detailed Guide to Setup Google Home & Speaker devices.
- How to Setup Google Chromecast device using Android Smartphone
How to Install Google Home App on Any Android Smartphone to Setup Google Chromecast, Home and Speaker Devices
Step 1: First of all, you need to download Google Home app APK from the end of this article.
Step 2: After that, you need to copy the downloaded file to your device internal/external storage of your Android smartphone.
Step 3: Now, Go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources and check the box, which will allow installation of 3rd-party applications.
Step 4: Navigate to the path where you have copied the APK and tap on it to open up installation screen.
Step 5: Finally, tap on install, and it will start installing or updating Google Home app latest version.
Google Home app APK Download for KitKat (Android 4.0+)
|Minimum Version||Architecture||dpi||Download Links|